Waste lorry fire tackled after workers spot smoke
A LORRY blaze was extinguished after firefighters rushed to the aid of rubbish collection workers.
A crew from Fareham went to Down End Road, in Fareham, at about 3.30pm yesterday.
Workers had seen smoke coming from the lorry, owned by Veolia, and called the emergency services.
They emptied the waste on to the ground and firefighters were able to put it out.
Firefighters said the blaze was potentially started by a battery in the rubbish. A crew from Cosham also attended.