The Blues achieved that back in December, when they beat Grant McCann’s side 2-0 at the KCOM Stadium.
With only two League One games played since, Pompey are understandably no longer top of the pile, sitting third.
However, all that can change come 5pm this evening – with another victory over the Tigers.
Although, let’s not forget about second-placed Lincoln, who are at home to Northampton today.
Fingers crossed Blues Bryn Morris can do his parent club a favour as he prepares to make his loan debut for the Cobblers at Sincil Bank.
Back to Fratton Park, however, and you can following today’s action by simply staying tuned to our live match runner.
We’ll be here right until the lights go out at PO4, with all the match developments and reaction after the final whistle.
Pompey 0 Hull 4
Last updated: Saturday, 23 January, 2021, 17:43
- Pompey are looking to complete a league double over Hull
- Victory today can see the Blues go top of the table again
- However, Lincoln could return to the top, too, with a home win against Northampton
- Pompey have no fresh injury worries
- One change as Curtis comes in for Jacobs
- Daniels signing announced ahead of kick-off
- Whatmough own goal gives Hull lead
- Honeyman doubles Hull’s lead on 61 minutes
- Second Whatmough own goal gives Hull a third
Kenny Jackett’s full-time verdict
Pompey well beaten. And they were deserved losers
90+1 - GOAL
MAgennis makes it 4-0. Abject defending again
Harness swings in a low cross that runs across the face of goal but Hull clear.
Brown then puts in ball that Marquis can’t quite get his head to
87 - Naylor booked
The Pompey skipper brought down Honeyman late
85 - Hull subs
Docherty replaced by Slater.
Lewis-Potter replaced by Chadwick
White goes for goal but his free-kick is just over the bar
Close shoots wide before he’s scythed down by Smallwood and wins Pompey a free-kick around 25 yards out
Nice play from Pompey but Harrison slices his shot wide from outside the box