Five things you might not know about Madness
1) Madness spent 214 weeks on the UK singles chart during the 1980s. It was the joint highest total for the decade with UB40, but Madness achieved it in a shorter time (1980-1986).
2) Madness have had 15 singles reach the UK top ten, with one song achieving the coveted number one spot - House of Fun.
3) The core of the band formed as The North London Invaders in 1976 and became Madness in 1979.
4) In 1981 the band starred in a drama-documentary called Take It or Leave It about their early days as a band.
5) In October they released a new album Can’t Touch Us Now.