Portsmouth 20-year-old arrested after man left with 'serious' injury from weapon attack in Kingston Crescent

A MAN has been left in a ‘serious’ condition after being attacked with a weapon - resulting in the alleged perpetrator being arrested over the incident.

Thursday, 13th August 2020, 6:41 pm
Updated Friday, 14th August 2020, 12:24 pm

Witnesses reported seeing a convoy of police cars and ambulance descend on the rear of an address at Kingston Crescent, Landport, at 3.51pm.

A man in his 30s was found by emergency crews before being taken to Southampton General Hospital with what police have described as a ‘serious injury’.

Read More

Read More
Identity of body found in Solent is confirmed

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Police and ambulance attend assault in Kingston Crescent

A 20-year-old man from Portsmouth was arrested on suspicion of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent, and possession of an offensive weapon after officers moved quickly to the area before detaining him.

He is in custody.

A police spokeswoman said: ‘A (crime) scene remains in place and there will be a police presence in the area this evening.’

An eyewitness, who did not want to be named, said: ‘I saw a young man being put in an ambulance before they drove off while being escorted by police.

‘There were about nine police cars and ambulances. The road was totally blocked off.

‘It’s scary - there are lots of problems around here. A woman was found dead in Kingston Crescent last year near this incident.’

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

Thank you for reading this story. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on our advertisers and thus our revenues.

The News is more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism. You can subscribe here for unlimited access to Portsmouth news and information online.

Every subscription helps us continue providing trusted, local journalism and campaign on your behalf for our city.