Man treated after bedding catches fire

Firefighters were called to a bedding fire in a bungalow in Southsea yesterday.

Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 9:28 am
Updated Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 4:29 pm

Crews at Southsea Fire Station attended the property on Holland Road on Sunday at around 6.04pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Southsea Fire Station say that the bedding fire was ‘caused by smoking materials’.

One male resident was monitored at the scene and given a carbon monoxide test at the scene after inhaling smoke, but he was not taken to hospital and allowed to return to his home shortly after.