Crews called to kitchen fire in Whiteley

FIREFIGHTERS from across the Fareham area were called to a fire believed to be caused by a tumble dryer at a home in Whiteley.

Monday, 27th September 2021, 2:21 pm

Crews were called to Arabian Gardens at 10.18am this morning (September 27) after smoke was seen coming from the window of a house.

A spokeswoman for the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘Firefighters from Fareham, Wickham, Botley and Portchester were called to Arabian Gardens, Whiteley, at 10.18am this morning.

Read More

Read More
Portsmouth petrol: Which petrol stations are closed near me? Updating list of pe...

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

‘Smoke was seen coming from a window of a terraced house and crews wore breathing apparatus and used hose reel jets to put out a small fire in a ground floor kitchen.

‘A ventilation fan was used to clear smoke and fire damage was contained to the kitchen. It’s believed that the cause of the fire was a tumble dryer.

‘Firefighters handed out fire safety information to nearby properties and the stop message was received at 11.20am.’

No injuries were reported.

Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217c

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

We’ve slashed the cost of digital subscriptions to our website by 50 per cent for a limited time.

You can now subscribe here for unlimited access to our online coverage, including Pompey, for less than 13p a day.