Portsmouth Magistrates' Court - latest update

DEFENDANTS at Portsmouth Magistrates’ Court have been sentenced for their crimes.

By Ben Fishwick
Saturday, 30th January 2021, 3:34 pm

Kamil Tersa, 32, of Ranelagh Road, Stamshaw, admitted drink-driving in St Mary's Road, Fratton, on July 27.

A test revealed he had 81 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.

Magistrates fined him £350 with a £35 surcharge and £85 costs.

Portsmouth Magistrates' Court. Picture: Chris Moorhouse

Magistrates banned him from driving for 20 months.

Liam Piscopo, 23, of Bath Road, Southsea, was found guilty of assault by beating on December 12, 2019, in Portsmouth.

Magistrates imposed an eight-week jail term suspended for a year.

He must complete 20 days' rehabilitation activities.

A restraining order bans him from contacting the victim for two years.

He must pay £200 compensation and £400 prosecution costs.

Lee Warlow, 33, of Oakwood Avenue, Bedhampton, admitted failing to comply with a community order and was fined £57.

He must pay £60 costs.

Read More

Read More
Resentful lover Gary Travers jailed for more than 14 years for trying to murder ...

Michael King, 29, of Leigh Road, Fareham, admitted failing to comply with a community order and was fined £66.

He must also pay £60 costs.

Steven Purcell, 29, of Francis Avenue, Southsea, admitted failing to comply with a community order.

He was fined £20.

John Davison, 49, of Wimpole Street, Landport, admitted failing to comply with post-sentence supervision.

He was ordered to comply with a 32-day curfew between 6pm and 6am.

He must pay £60 costs.

Harry Simmonds, 21, of HMP Winchester, was made subject to a civil sexual risk order for five years.

He is banned from living with anyone under 18 except under certain circumstances, and there are restrictions on his use of internet-connected devices.

Reginald Newman, 20, of Botley Road, Curdridge, admitted destroying his room at Two Saints in East Street, Fareham.

Magistrates imposed a 12-month community order with 20 days' rehabilitation activities and 80 hours' unpaid work.

He must pay £300 compensation after destroying the fridge, cooker, sink, electrics, water pipes and carpets.

He also admitted flouting a restraining order by going to an address in Addison Road, Fareham.

Danny Stanley, 32, of London Road, Hilsea, admitted having amphetamine, a class B drug on August 6 in Hambledon Road.

He also admitted having a knife.

He was jailed for 21 weeks and must pay a £128 surcharge.

The knife must be destroyed.

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

The News is more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism.